November 4, 2011

Daze of activities

Sometimes I wonder if I have too many activities. This is why:

Sunday: long run with the training group (7:30 a.m. ... yuck)
Monday: off
Tuesday: speed workout with the training group (6:30 p.m.)
Wednesday: beach volleyball (7:00 p.m.)
Thursday: speed workout with the training group (6:30 p.m.)
Friday: softball (7:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m.)
Saturday: off

These are all my scheduled extracurricular (hello, high school) activities. It's not all that I do (workout-wise or otherwise), but these are all the things on my calendar.

Sometimes I think I should cut down. I could maybe see cutting softball out ... it's not my favorite, and I still hold a grudge against it for severely spraining my ankle a few years ago. But, we're currently in first place (we've never even came close before ... like, we're always last), and I like to win. Hmm ... so I might stick it out for awhile longer.

I love volleyball, but sometimes I get irritated at some people that play (OK, one in particular). I'm competitive, so I understand the desire to win. But, one dude takes it too far. He stoops to being a bad sport and using cheap tactics to try and get the other team to mess up (making a loud noise when someone goes to spike ... crap like that). But, overall, I enjoy the people that play, and I love the game. Hmm ... so I might stick it out.
Source
Due to my almost daily love fest about my running group, you know I'm not giving that up.

So, I guess I'll keep everything. I'd probably end up doing something unproductive if I didn't have them. I kind of need the group motivation and competition, too.

What's your weekly schedule? Are you busy every night of the week with extracurricular activities?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock!