November 10, 2011

Day 40 (Nov. 8)

Man, I was still sore from that pesky 11-mile run on Sunday. The thought of doing a 55-minute run with six, 4-minute hard intervals just about put me over the edge.

So, when our coach told us to ignore our training plans, I was pumped. When he said to run for 55 minutes with no intervals, I was super-psyched. It was when I started running that I became unhappy. Every stride hurt. My back was tight. My calves were tight. The entire run. They never loosened up. This run was not fun in almost every way.

I ran the stupid 55 minutes. I did not like any of the 55 minutes. But, at least we didn't have to run intervals. I think I would have flat-out refused. Not just ran slow or walked. As in, sit down on the road and not move.

This is a simulation, but I envision it looking exactly like this.


See the disgruntled look? The I'm-over-it look? The sitting on the road and refusing move? I think I captured it perfectly.

P.S. Caroline: these shirts are reflective!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock!