November 18, 2011

Day 44 (Nov. 17)

Sadly, this is my last training group run for the Women's Half Marathon.

The run: an easy 3 miles. It finally cooled down some, so this run was pleasant. Not sticky, sweaty, nasty like Tuesday's run. It gave me hope for race day (Sunday), but I think (when I write "think," I really mean I know because I've been obsessively checking the forecast for the past week) the temperature and humidity are supposed to creep back up by then. Boo!

Aside from almost getting hit by a car, this was a fairly uneventful run. When I write "almost," I really mean almost. As in, if we didn't jump into the grass and wave our arms to stop the car we would have been smushed. Uncool right before the race. Well, uncool anytime actually.

So, that's it. The end after almost 4 months of training.

I'm sad. I love this group and our trainers. But, I'm also extremely happy with my accomplishments. When I started I hadn't run any farther than a 5K. On Sunday, I'll be running 13.1 miles!

4 comments:

Comments rock!