October 22, 2011

A scary prospect

I love costumes, so Halloween is my kind of holiday. I'll dress up even if it's not Halloween, so it's nice to have a time when people don't look at me so strange. Oh, wait ... they still do. But, not because I'm wearing a costume at an inappropriate time.
This year, I have two costume parties. The first is tonight, and it's just a general costume party. I didn't know about it until late (a boyfriend's coworker's friend's party ... or something like that), so I haven't really been planning a  new costume. But, I do have plenty of options to choose from.

My next party is next Saturday, and the theme is "senior prom with a bloody twist." I have some ideas, but really haven't started on a costume for that. I'm excited about the possibilities, though.

What I'm not excited about is that both of these parties are on a Saturday night. I have long runs on Sunday mornings at 7:30 a.m., and we're getting to our longest runs of our training (10 miles each for the next two Sundays). These are important runs, but these are also important parties. So, I've got to enjoy myself at the party (with limited or no adult beverages) and call it an early night. I'm not good at that normally, but especially when costumes are involved.

4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK YOUR LONG RUN!!! I love dressing up so much too, love all the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prom with a bloody twist!!?? You've gotta post photos!!!

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about this party! I will definitely post photos of the bloody twisty goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock!