October 2, 2011

Day 24 (Oct. 2)

Best. Run. Ever.

I realize I may have said this before, but this day tops anything prior.

Up until this week, we were dealing with almost 80-degree temperatures and high humidity at our 7:30 a.m. Sunday runs. When we met for our long run this morning, temperatures were in the low 60s. And, almost more mind-blowing, the humidity was 0%. Living in Florida, you get used to 90%+ humidity. Every. Stinking. Day. Having none feels heavenly.

Due to these glorious temperatures, running felt like a breeze today. I still cannot believe I ran 7 miles with no walk breaks and without feeling like death. It felt easy. It felt fabulous.

I tackled that pesky, hilly bridge with no issues. I tackled the entire 7 miles with no issues.

Oh! And, I took 9 minutes off of my time from last week. Yes, 9 whole freakin' minutes!

I want every run to feel like today. I loved every minute of it, and I even wanted more. Call me crazy. Or call me a runner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock!