June 6, 2012

Road trips: you're not as bad as I thought

For all of my dreading, the road trip wasn’t really that bad.

Even though this is the view I had for 9 long hours (thankfully I was off by 2 hours on my driving time – I thought it was 11 hours), at least I car danced my way through it. Car dancing makes anything more bearable. Well, anything in the car I guess. 

Chloe is not into car dancing as much as me, but she likes looking out the window and sleeping. And snoring. Loudly.



Why did you wake me up for a silly picture?
But, the long trip was worth it to see this girl graduate.

The awesome graduate and her mom

I’m so proud of her and so glad I got to spend a long weekend with her. She rocks!

Aside from all the graduation festivities, we did plenty of exploring around South Carolina. For those that didn’t know, it’s beautiful.



Chloe loved going for walks and checking out the new smells, but overheated.

I'm going to stop on a random driveway, slobber and cool down.
And, we played mah-jong. Lots of mah-jong. I won $20 the first night and thought I was the stuff, and then I proceeded to lose $20 the next night. 

What used to be their daughter's room is now my boyfriend's
parents'
mah-jong room – always ready to play.
So, road trips are still not my favorite, but this one was totally worth it. 

But, it's also a lovely feeling to be back home and back into a routine (that includes running).

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Glad you had fun. :) Stop by my blog when you have a minute. I nominated you for a blog award. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock!