June 13, 2012

Wanted: longer length running shirts


This could just be me being an idiot (which happens frequently, unfortunately), but are there any longer length running shirts available? I’ve searched for them online, and I always come up with long sleeves. Not what this Florida girl needs. I want shirts with a long torso length.

I’ve found a limited few. This one from Target is a favorite, but it can creep up.
I overuse this photo, but it's because I like my shirt (and my awesome pose).
Most of the time, I end up buying the shirt one or two sizes bigger to get it long enough (I refuse to wear a crop top). Of course, this also usually means it fits like a tent. Not a good look.  
Long enough, but somewhat tent-like in
appearance (and see-though).
Also, check
out my jazz hand.
I’m tall (5’10”), so I’m used to this issue. But, I’m usually able to find clothes without too much of a problem. I mean, I’m not that tall.

Running shirts have me stumped, though. Do most people want crop tops to run in? Seriously, some barely cover my stomach.

It’d be nice to have a go-to brand or style that I can just buy off the rack without it being an ordeal.

12 comments:

  1. I feel like a lot of the tech tees i get from races are really short, its annoying. I just got two shirts from Dick's Sporting Goods that were Under Armor that were a little longer. I bought two! Last I was there, they still had some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The tech tees from races seem to be the worst. I always get so excited about a cool looking shirt, and then it's so ridiculously short, I can't wear it in public.

      I'll check out Under Armor. I love the UA shirt that I have, but it's kinda baggy. Other than that, though, it rocks!

      Delete
  2. I have found Target tank tops to be a bit longer that the shirts. C9 brand I think. They have some gathering in the back. V neck in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say Target too. I think they switched to a longer length last year because the shirts on clearance were quite a bit shorter than the regular-price ones.

    Maybe check stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx that just have random brands? I got my favorite running shirt there. If you find one you like, maybe you can search it online to see if you can buy more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! I have some shirts two sizes too big from Target, and I still find them short. I'm glad they lengthened them. I'll check them out ... I'm always in Target.

      Delete
  4. I agree I have a long torso and I find it hard to find long shirts. Lululemon does have really long shirts however they don't really fit that well on me. Ugh! I would try Oiselle...I found a top that fits really well that is long on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I've never even heard of that brand, but I'll be checking it out.

      Delete
  5. I'm super short so I have issues with pants and shorts actually. I am avoiding the T-shirt tan as long as possible with sun block but I'm trying to find a clothing option that will prevent that without being too covered up and overheat.

    I like Target clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, true! I bet pants and shorts are tough! Target is awesome. :c)

      Delete
  6. Costco has some great longer, workout tanks. I currently have 10 of them, I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Costco, so I'll definitely check them out! Thanks!

      Delete

Comments rock!