March 27, 2012

Running group-less

I got some exciting news last weekend: my defunct sand volleyball league is un-defuncting! This makes me a happy, happy, happy girl! The only issue: the league is now on Thursday instead of Wednesday. Why is this an issue, you ask (or maybe you don't really care so I asked it for you)? 

Thursday is running group night. Sigh. 

After some debate, I decided to say, "See ya, running group!"

I know, I know. I love my running group. It helped me to run two half marathons. It was something I looked forward to every week (three times per week). 

I owe this medal to you, running group!
The love is till there, but I'm not training for any long distances races now. I have a few 5Ks on the horizon (and maybe a 5-miler or 10K thrown in), but nothing over the 10K distance. I can train on my own for the shorter distances. So, that's what I'm going to do. 

I'll rejoin the group in August when I start training for my second (I feel so cool saying that, and yes, I'm somewhat pathetic) Women's Half Marathon. Until then, I'm going to be saying "in your face" as I spike volleyballs at my opponents. OK, not really. But, something like that. 

And, I'll still be running three times per week. Just by myself. No group support. No peer pressure. Eek! I'm getting nervous already.

4 comments:

  1. :) You'll do great with or without the running group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are always so supportive and sweet.

      Delete
  2. I am sure you will be fine. Especially if you have races on the schedule. I always find that it is when I have nothing to train for the likelihood of me running decreases dramatically. I did the Women's Half Marathon two years ago here in AZ and loved it. I have been eyeing the other halfs. Love the medal/necklace charm combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. I'll make sure to keep the race calendar somewhat full. Nothing like public embarrassment to keep me running.

      The Women's Half Marathon in St. Petersburg was awesome! Loved the race, but I hated that is was so hot. The medal-charm combo sealed the deal for me running that race.

      Delete

Comments rock!