March 3, 2012

Oh, joy!

One of my biggest fears (along with dark water, fire and Crocs – the shoes, not the animal): lightning. 

So, you can imagine my excitement when I saw this.


Why, yes, 6 a.m. is the start time of my half marathon. Gah. 


I keep obsessively checking the race Facebook page. The word: "The race will go on rain or shine. The race will only be cancelled if weather conditions present imminent danger to participants. At this point, everything is on at the scheduled times. We'll be keeping an eye on things and will update with any new news as we get closer. Please stay tuned."

Aside from my extreme fear of lightning, I have an aversion to waking up early. So, I really don't want to wake up at 4:30 a.m. just to find out the race is cancelled. But, I guess as long as it prevents me from running around screaming and crying like a little girl in lightning, I'll do it. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. I hope the forecast changes. But if the race is cancelled maybe you can recapture that 'snow day' feeling of something you had to be up for getting cancelled and crawl back in bed for awhile and then perhaps follow it up with a day of PJs and reality TV.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock!