August 17, 2011

Day 4

How was your run? Hot.
I feel like a robot because that is how I answer that question every time. Tuesday’s run was no exception.
The plan: run 40 minutes. I didn’t. I ran about 30 minutes, followed by walk-run intervals for the remaining 10 minutes. At one point, my coach ran by and asked if I still had water in my bottle. I said I did, and he replied, “Good.” That concerned me a bit. Did I look dehydrated and near death?
Again, I felt disappointed with my performance. But, after talking with some other girls in the group, I am attempting to not be so hard on myself. It is tough to run in the heat. When it cools off, it’ll be easy. I’m trying to believe them …
When we meet again on Thursday, we’ll have the same plan: run 40 minutes. I guess all I can do is keep trying. Even though I’m somewhat disappointed in my training runs, I still always have fun and enjoy running, which I guess is the important part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock!