January 30, 2012

From headache to burns to misery

I had the worst headache ever. From Wednesday-Sunday. Five long, tortuous, miserable, dreadful, awful days. 


I tried Advil. I tried a massage. I tried cold compresses. I tried steam. I decided to try spicy food (thinking if it were a sinus issue, spicy food could eliminate the problem). This is where things really started to go downhill (not that they weren't already bad enough).

On Saturday (day four of major head pain), I decided to make some Korean noodle soup (extremely spicy and delicious). I cooked it, poured it in a bowl, and brought it to the table to eat. I took one bite. Then, I proceeded to spill the entire bowl on my legs. Yes, a bowl of boiling, spicy water on my legs. As you can imagine, "YOWEE!"

Spicy and dangerous
I flew out of my seat, threw my pajama pants off (don't judge; I wasn't feeling well and the PJ pants are comfortable) and ran into the shower to start running cold water over my poor legs. After 15 minutes, my legs finally felt somewhat back to normal. 

So, I still had a headache and now had red patches and the beginnings of blisters on my legs (I'll spare you the photos. You're welcome.).  I spent the rest of the night in a dark, unhappy, poor-me place. A majority of the reason for this feeling: I couldn't do a long run on Sunday with burn wounds on my legs. This after missing my Thursday run due to my pounding head. Boo!

My half marathon is Feb. 12. Just when I was getting in a groove, I get a massive, long-standing headache and burn my legs with spicy boiling Korean noodle soup. Gah!

On the upside, the headache is gone and the burns are healing (aloe vera is my best friend right now), and I think I'll be able to run again soon.

9 comments:

  1. Ugh so sorry to hear about all that. Worst couple of days ever. Hope you are feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! It was a rough weekend, but things are bound to get better.

      Delete
  2. Oh Jina! I'm sorry! Boo! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm feeling much better. I can deal with the burns, but that headache was really annoying.

      Delete
  3. awwwwwww you poor thing!! that stinks :( :( the soup looks like it is delicious though... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious! I'd recommend eating it as opposed to dumping it on your legs. :c)

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear that girlie. Heal fast!!! I too missed a run the other day and felt horrible about it. You are going to rock your half marathon - I know it!

    xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corey! I hate missing runs ... especially when the desire is there. Oh, well. Once healed, I'll rock my remaining runs. I know you will, too!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock!