January 19, 2012

Race days

I picked up the January/February edition of "Florida Race Place," which lists running events in the area. Holy crapola! There are a ton of races. And, I want to run them all (well, all of them except marathons and ultras ... I'm not ready for that high mileage stuff yet). 

I've never had this problem. I just started running last year, and I kind of needed prodding-encouragement-pressure to sign up for any race last year. But, this year is a different story. I'm trained. I'm motivated. I want to push myself. I want to get faster. To be completely honest, I want some cool shirts and medals, too. 

So, I started registering. And this is my schedule (so far):

Feb. 12: Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon St. Petersburg
Feb. 25: Suncoast Classic 10K (my first)
March 4: Gasparilla Distance Classic Half Marathon
March 18: Florida Beach 5K
April 14: Turtle Trot 5K (I HAD to sign up for this. HAD to.) 

I'm slightly tempted to do another half on April 22. But, it's bound to be hot and it involves a big, scary bridge (as in a major hill). I'd kind of hate to end my race season on a bad race. I probably shouldn't think so negatively ... but, I think that's a wait-and-see race. 

So, my question: is this normal (I know I'm not normal, but is planning races in advance normal)? How far ahead do you plan?




4 comments:

  1. you are so cute - of course it's normal!! you nailed it: you're trained, you're motivated - you're going to ROCK! I'm so excited you filled up your race schedule!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO excited! I can't wait to get started!

      Delete
  2. The tutle race looks sooo cute! :-)
    You have an awesome race schedule girl - you are going to rock it!

    xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited about the turtle race! And the cute turtle shirt! :c)

      Delete

Comments rock!