September 20, 2011

Teach me to fly

After our group run, a girl came up to me and said, "You need to teach me how to fly."

My brain started scrambling ... did I tell her about a sweet deal I got on a flight (I am a serious bargain shopper when it comes to flights. OK, I'm a serious bargain shopper for everything.)? Did I look rather pilot-like today (I don't think so ... unless pilots are wearing capris and tech shirts these days)?

Finally, she said, "We start out running together, and then you fly ahead of me."

Wow. She's implying I'm fast! This is a moment. An emotional moment. Never have I ever been referred to as fast. Ever. So, when I think of flying and being emotional, I can't help but think of this song.



Cheesy, yes. Sorry, I can't help it. And, I don't even really like the song that much. It just popped in my head. But thankfully, I started thinking about the singer (R. Kelly), and then it lead me to think of this mega-jam. I love-love-love this song.


But, I digress. Did I mention someone inferred that I'm fast?!?

Of course, to others, I'm slow. To others, the same pace. It used to bother me that I'm slow. But, I guess the important thing is, we're all running, no matter the pace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock!