September 19, 2011

Day 13 (Sept. 7)

I flew back to Florida on Sept. 6 (a Tuesday and a group run day). I landed about 3 p.m., and I thought I could make it to the group run at 6:30 p.m. Timing-wise, sure I could have made it. No problem. But, I just didn’t feel up to it. I was tired, and I knew I hadn’t eaten properly or drank nearly enough water. So, I skipped it. I really didn’t want to since this was our first day of speed intervals, but it just wasn’t happening for me.
So, thanks to some tropical storm-wave-depression-high-pressure-system, it rained quite a bit on Tuesday and Wednesday, and it rained out beach volleyball. But, it wasn’t raining that evening so I could make up my run. And, my best running buddy Caroline went with me.
The plan: run 45 minutes with two, three-minute hard intervals with a three-minute jog after each hard interval. So, after a 15-minute warm-up run, we started the intervals. Three minutes felt way longer than it ever has before. Yikes. But, we made it through them and kept running (OK, running could be a bit strong, but it wasn't walking) for the remaining time. That was hardest running workout I’ve done to date.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock!