September 9, 2011

Slacker: update-wise not running-wise

I’m a bit (well, maybe more than a bit) behind in my running updates. I went to Kansas over Labor Day weekend for football and family time, and I promised myself I’d update while I was there. I broke my promise to myself. You suck, self! But, the important thing is I ran. And, I ran really well (so at least I don’t suck in that regard). I have notes, memories and photos to document these runs, which I will eventually do. Until then, here’s a beautiful photo of my time in Kansas.

I graduated from Kansas State, and there is almost nothing better than going to football games there ... except when they play as crappy as they did last Saturday (OK, it was still fun and exciting, and the crowd chanting “K-S-U Wildcats” at the beginning of the game in such thunderous unison still gives me goose bumps, and I’d still rather be there than almost anywhere else). But, the Wildcats looked U-G-L-Y (not their uniforms because purple is always beautiful)! A 10-7 win over Eastern Kentucky is … a win. But, they’re going to need to step it up when they play Miami in a few weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock!