September 28, 2012

This 5K will be better, right?

I normally dread 5Ks, but I'm hopeful for this one.


Why?

Look at the start time! It's not early morning!

I picked up my packet at my running group tonight!


One of the many benefits of being in a running group at a running store.


And, the coolest thing: one of my coaches is pacing me. What's her plan?
  • Mile 1: I will tell her stories.
  • Mile 2: We will have a conversation.
  • Mile 3: She will tell me stories.
The idea is that I will start off easy and keep getting faster. Mile 3 sounds a little scary, but I think I'm ready for it. The speed work we've been doing has to help, right? 

Thanks to the brilliant Bean, I have A, B and C goals for the race:
  • Goal A: less than 34:32 (my lowest official 5K time)
  • Goal B: between 34:32 and 36:00
  • Goal C: have fun and don't fall in the water 
For some reason, my running confidence isn't that high right now. I think those pesky long runs are messing with me. All of these goals seem unattainable now. I know I shouldn't think that way, but I can't help it. Hopefully, I can prove myself wrong.  

Do you like 5Ks? Have you ever been paced? How did it go? Have you ever lost your running confidence? How did you get it back?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of 5ks since the first 3 miles of any run are usually the hardest for me! Good luck on your race, just have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the goals;). So excited to hear how you did. I have always wondered what having someone pace you would be like. I have run with a pace group once it and it was awesome since I could just follow the sign and shut of my brain. But having your own personal pacer sounds way cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how you did!! Hope it was a great race!
    5ks are tough, no doubt!! I struggle with my running confidence all the time. I just try to remember to believe in myself and do the best I can. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock!