July 30, 2013

It sure is lonesome in mine

Lately, my life feels like a country song.

"What's going on in your world? It sure is lonesome in mine." I always liked that George Strait song until I started living it.

OK, so it's not really that bad. But, working by yourself is not all that fun. And, not having having a running group is not all that fun either. Or any friends at all (besides my boyfriend and dog, of course).

So, I get really excited when I go the gym and actually see people.


... or maybe not.

But, I only have a few more days in Florence, SC, before heading home to Florida ... I think I can make it, I think I can make it.

Actually, the gym (empty as it is in the evening) and hiking are two things I will really miss. And, spending evenings with my boyfriend (mornings not so much ...) going to the gym and hiking.




At least it's been a healthy trip. Well, aside from last weekend's visit to my boyfriend's parents in Greenville, SC. His mom is an incredible chef, and I feel like we mostly ate while we were there. And, no running to be seen. I'm blaming it on the fact that his parents don't use their air conditioner ... IN JULY ... IN THE SOUTH ... so the idea of sweating more was really unappealing.

Aside from the 8-hour drive (and losing an incredible gym, hiking spot and time with my boyfriend), I can't wait to be home on Saturday and go running with my group on Sunday. Ahh!

What's going on in your world? Anything exciting? Anything involving people?

3 comments:

  1. NO Air conditioner? GAH!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me! I moved from the city to the country side in Georgia once I got married. On my way home yesterday I literally saw a wild turkey walking on the side of the road, like it was no big deal just walkin'. wth?! Anyone, besides working like a crazy woman, being a wife and a runner... that was my entertainment for the day :)

    www.theredheadedrunner.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock!