December 20, 2012

See you next year, work!

Well, these last few weeks have been pure madness.


My job's really not that bad ... sometimes. I actually like it ... sometimes. I really do ... really.


Seriously (since when I'm ever serious?), I like what I do. I just don't like some of the hassles that come along with it. Like after a long day, getting a call at 9 p.m. asking me to do more work. Or getting stuck at work late those weeks and missing my running group.

But, I'm happy to say that as of yesterday, I'm away from work until 2013.

As a final hurrah to that pesky thing that pays the bills for 2012, I went to the holiday party this past Saturday to enjoy one thing I always like about my job: the peeps. 


This event may have caused me to miss running group on Sunday. Darn you sangria, cran-apple martini, red wine and more sangria!


So, what does one do once they finally have broken free from the chains to their desk?
Dye their hair shockingly dark, of course!


I'm sure I'll get used to it, but man, it's dark.


My hair stylist and I talked about some of the best Christmas songs, like "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by *NSYNC. Do you find it hard to say "Merry Christmas" instead of singing it, or is that just me? And, the entire Jessica Simpson album, "Rejoyce." My hair stylist loves Jessica almost as much as I do, so I could care less what she does to my hair. OK, not really. But, she's awesome.

My dad was supposed to arrive this afternoon. Due to that terrible winter thing called snow, his flight was cancelled. Thankfully, after a 25-minute hold and another 20 minutes on the phone, I rescheduled his flight ... to Orlando. The next seat available to Tampa wasn't until Christmas Eve, which I found unacceptable. Fortunately, a flight to the next closest airport had a seat available tomorrow. It's a little more than an hour away, but it's so worth it. 

Because of this, I was able to delay all of the last-minute things I was going to do today before he arrived until tomorrow. No sense in getting things done early. 

Also because of this, I'll be at running group tonight. Yay!

Are you taking a break from work? Are you as pumped as I am? Did you go to your work holiday party? How was it? Have you ever dyed your hair a very different color? What's your favorite Christmas song? 

4 comments:

  1. You definitely deserve the break, tear it up girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My work week was crazy too! Glad I wasn't alone. I'm on a break until January 3rd. Love my job, but can't be happier for time off! And you dyed your hair--I chopped mine off! I guess that's a common response to vacation post-stress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing! I love the dark color!! It makes your eyes really sparkle. :)
    Enjoy the holidays, girl!! Here's to a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! Merry Christmas and happy 2013!

      Delete

Comments rock!