October 1, 2013

This week in running: week 3

Sunday

The first half of this run was awesome. You can probably guess where this is going ... the second half was not. It was probably because I forgot fuel and felt myself slowing fading toward the end. I ended up walking more than I wanted and cutting it 0.5 miles short. I'd love to see what would have happened if I had fuel, but I didn't. And the run is what it is. And I saw a beautiful sunrise.

7.5 miles
1:38




Monday

I felt like running, but it was raining, so I headed to the craptastic gym. I picked the wrong treadmill, and it stopped mid-run. I tried everything, but it would not restart. So, I had to switch treadmills. This is why I call it the craptastic gym, people. I listened to Katy Perry's "Roar" on repeat the entire run. I envisioned myself roaring to the condo board about their crappy gym.

2.5 miles
29:20

It should not have to be like this.

Thursday

It seems like I either love speed work night or hate it. This week, it was love. Maybe I got all my hate out at the craptastic gym. The 800-meter repeats seemed tough (per usual), but manageable (not always the case). It was one of those times that everything seems right with running (these periods are usually short-lived, so I try to savor them when they happen).

3.0 miles
32:36

Ever have a treadmill quit on you mid-run? Anyone else obsessed with "Roar," too? Do you have a love-hate relationship with speed work?

3 comments:

  1. Hate treadmills. I am always afraid I am going to trip and fall.

    Katy Perry has some good songs. I like Roar, but I also really like Firework. :)

    Speed work is good. I enjoy it, just because it breaks things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is a Beautiful light filled our home, and Absolutely lovely :)

    Leak detection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treadmills quitting mid-run is just horrible. Not cool. Hate speedwork because it makes me feel like death so is probably good for me. Yes to Roar. Awesome picture of the boats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock!