November 15, 2012

An inspiring nomination

I was nominated. Not for the presidency, thank goodness (Can you imagine the stress of that job? Or the stress of the country if I was president? Yikes!). But, I was nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Bean. She rocks and is quite inspiring herself. She refers to herself as a plodder, but this girl is getting super fast. She gives this turtle hope.

Very Inspiring Blogger Award rules:
  • Display the award logo on your blog.
  • Link back to the person who nominated you.
  • State seven things about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. (Yeah, I'm going to break this rule. I don't normally break the rules, but 15 is a bunch.)
  • Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
My seven things

A note about my seven things: Every fact I write about myself always has to do with loving this and that. I'm not trying to being negative, but I'm going for things I don't like this time for something different. 

1.  I don't like whipped cream. I know, I know. I'm a strange one. I've never liked this stuff. The texture, taste and coating it leaves on your mouth are all disgusting to me. A recurring nightmare is someone forcing whipped cream down my throat via the spray can. SCARY. 
 
2.  I don't like red. I tend to be rather red-faced much of the time (especially when running), and I look like a giant tomato if I wear red.
 
Thank goodness I don't have a red shirt to
complete the giant tomato look.

3.  I don't like shorts. I'm not sure when shorts and I broke up, but it's been awhile. My legs are so pale that I blind anyone that looks in my direction. It's frightening. Because of my scary, pale legs, not only do I worry about blinding the masses, but I also worry about sunburns. So, cropped pants for running it is.

* WARNING: Wear sunglasses when looking directly at this photo.* I would have you guess which legs are mine, but it's pretty obvious that mine are the ones hurting your eyes (and are not in shorts).

4. 
I don't like Daniel Craig as James Bond. I'm not a huge James Bond aficionado, but I definitely like others in the role over him. I like Daniel Craig (especially in "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"), but just not as Bond. 

5.  I don't like two-door cars. I guess this comes from being tall and being stuffed in the back of too many two-door cars. It is not fun to get in or out, and it is almost a certainty that I will trip over the seat belt getting out. 

6.  I don't like the phrase "I'm just sayin'." I've probably mentioned this before because I hate it so. Isn't it obvious that you are just sayin' if you just said it? I see no point to ever uttering this phrase. Stop it, people.   

7.  I don't like waking up early. In fact, I dread it. I'm a night owl, and I think I always will be. If I could sleep until at least 10 a.m. every day, I'd be a happy girl.  

The nominations

I nominated these ladies because they are all inspiring to me. 
 
 
Julie is determined and dedicated to her running; Rose fits in running with a job, a husband with crazy work hours and kids; I still have no idea how Linda does it all, but she does; and, Jessie's switch to a healthy lifestyle encouraged her family down the same path.

6 comments:

  1. I would vote for you for president. And for a blogger award. Thanks for the nod, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, someone who is as pale as me!! lol I stick to capris too for the same reason. And I also turn bright red when I work out so red shirts are out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just tell you that my husband is totally on board with #6? I say "I'm just sayin'" all the time and it drives him nuts every single time (which is why I think I say it all the time...).

    Thanks for the mention!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can support its use in this instance.

      Delete
  4. I feel the same way about red. I am either blushing or red from working out so it doesn't work so well for me. I may have to steal this things I don't like theme from you at some time. Brilliant:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock!